Since Push Monkey automatically sends a notification when you publish posts and you have already filtered out for which categories to send, it is easy to forget the option to send a custom push.
Here are a few ways that you can use the custom push notification to better engage your readers:
- Use it as a call to action. Important release, big sale or giving away a freebie? Let them know and link to it.
- Send a reminder to an existing deal. Is a sale coming to an end? Just send a quick reminder to let them know how much time they have left.
- Promote older posts. Push Monkey does not send out notifications for older posts. If you have evergreen articles that are still relevant and useful, use the custom push to inform your new subscribers about them.
- Repost a current article. Useful if you want to send an “In case you missed it” reminder to your readers at a different date or different time. Extremely useful when you don’t post every day.
- Wish them Happy Holidays. You can even link to a carol on Youtube or similar content.
As usual, get in touch if you have any questions or thoughts.